Monday, October 15, 2007

There's so much I want to tell you: 3 - YBB

It's time for me to indulge in some gratuitous video posting. Went to see a brilliant band tonight. Youngblood Brass Band - they're an American band hybriding jazz & hip-hop. I think they're one of the best live bands full stop. U2 are the only gig I'd enjoy more. They have such a big sound and all their songs start off on a climax & work upwards from there. First saw them at Womad over 2 years ago (playing to 5k) and then a few weeks later in the Gaiety (playing to 40), and in Whelan's tonight. On an aside, it was only 2 years ago but there was no youtube to go home & search back then. How it has changed our world.

Elegy:


Brooklyn:


The Headbanger:

1 comment:

  1. really enjoyed that! I'm starting to get into more "world" music (whatever that means) Thanks Milan!

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter