Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pushing Daisies


The contributors to this blog aren't afraid to take risks when it comes to their television viewing. We've welcomed the takeover of fantasy dramas ("Life on Mars", "Heroes", "Firefly" and "Doctor Who" seem to be favourites). It is with this in mind that I recommend UTV's new offering "Pushing Daisies" which starts this Saturday at 9pm.


The series tells the story of a man with the ability to bring the dead back to life uses his power to solve murder cases and to reconnect with his deceased childhood sweetheart.


The series is created by Bryan Fuller who previously penned "Wonderfalls", the under-rated "Dead Like Me" and several episodes of "Heroes" series one. It's charming, funny, escapist television and will definitely divide audiences into love it or hate it camps.


5 comments:

  1. It looks realy good doesn't it....My gothic tendencies tell me I'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Wonderfalls
    I'll give it a go if I can prise myself away from my net habit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Pink I think you've sold me. Haven't seen any of those other programmes and i'm watching nothing on the telly at the minute so might as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I miss being in the real world sometimes, I've just gotten and internet connection and a mobile signal for the first time in a week, the outback will do that to you. Guess I'll have to catch this one sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... I know I recommended this show but ya know what, I'm not sure. It tried a little too hard to be all quirky and dark.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter