Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Before Oxegen

8.33am Friday 11th July 2008

It's the Friday morning of the Oxegen Festival and I'm on the DART, heading for......work. Yes, sadly I must work today but hopefully I'll get out a little early and will be able to get to Punchestown to catch a little music.

I have abandoned my laptop (and all other valuables) safely at home – well, I hope they will be safe with Lottie's family looking in on them. Instead I find myself 'typing' with something called a 'pen' on a thin, flexible screen, called a 'paper'. My typeface is disastrous – I'm aiming for Times New Roman and seem to be getting something closer to Drunk Old Roman. Still, I can read it and that's all that matters. I haven't quite figured out how to embed an image yet and I'm not sure it's compatible with YouTube videos. Maybe in the next version.
_________________________________________________

So, that's how it all began. I did manage to get off work early and I ended up having one of the best weekends ever. The music was brilliant, the atmosphere was like nothing I've ever encountered and all the people I met there (both my old friends as my new friends) made it a weekend I'll not forget.

I'm off now to finish writing a three mile long post about my weekend. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What is this pen thing you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend to go back to oxygene one day, when not barefoot and pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that typing on paper thing makes you sound like you're from the future!

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter