Sunday, June 24, 2007

The second-last betrayal


I have my first grey eyebrow hair.


How am I supposed to deal with this? My wife is calling it blonde but it's a bit late in the day for that.


I still wear jeans every day, don't own a cardigan, have never played golf, own more than one pair of Converse, go to the occasional gig/festival, recognise the vast majority of acts on Sky music channels, have a Bebo page, don't own a suit, conduct most of my relationships through electronic means of communication and am, as I type this, fairly lashed off my head watching the Killers live from Glastonbury and yet this is niggling me more than it should.


Grey hair isn't a real issue. I've had them for years. Grey beard hairs also been around almost since I could shave, but this?

What's next? Grey pubes?! That would be the last straw for my still fleeting belief that I'm not old.

It's almost disturbing me as much as this did.

3 comments:

  1. No grey pubes yet, omg I feel really old now and I know there aint that many years between us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, have a look at the comments in Aqa's post above and check out your age on Mars - you'll feel much better.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter