I'm really starting to enjoy this as are a lot of our number so I think we should let it run for another while until we get sick of it! If you haven't submitted yours yet (and nominations for who we can meme too please) - comments below please.
So far the official 4nine£ memes look like this:
ok, I love beetroot
I hate Mayo
I worked in La Croisantarie(?) for 1 day...couldn't handle the smell of the cheese!
I'd like to live in a musical (Calamity Jane or High Society)
I studied theology and Bible studies in TCD
I drink too much wine
I love giving oral sex
I don't like recieving it(there had to be some sex in there)
1. Today I ate a Loop the Loop, 1 11/2 delicious homemade chocolate muffins and an eclair and near enough to half a pint of Phish Food. And didn't really feel sick. Hmm.. Draw your own conclusions.
2. following on this theme, when I was one and a half, I ate 14 bananas, and was found prostrate, surrounded by banana peel, groaning, under the dining table.
3. I have two Jack Russells but at this stage they're just a pain in the ass. Want one?
4. I have only kissed one man for the past 14 years and sometimes it breaks my heart to think I'll never experience a first kiss again.
5. My writing is messy and often illegible. I suspect I'm dyspraxic (that's two, really, isn't it?)
6. I used to lose things chronically in my teens - if I recouped all the money I've lost in my life - wallets, jewellery etc I'd be much wealthier!
7. The only sport I'm good at is swimming.
8. I really want to learn to play the cello but I've never had the nerve.
The group 4nine£ meme
1 In our collective there are catholics, protestants and even a token Jew! We also have gay, bi and straight writers. All we're missing now is a muslim lesbian and an asexual buddhist. Anyone know any?
2 One of us was once licked up and down by a female tv3 newsreader while wearing a dress made only of chocolate wrappers.
3 Everyone who writes here has been invited by an existing writer. If you wanted to you could draw a family tree for us all.
4 Among us are single people, marrieds, people who are seperated, divorced and even a single mum.
5 We have 18 contributors - 9 girls and 9 boys and no, I'm not telling you who's what!
6 Midge has snogged 3 of our number that we know of.
7 Among us are people in retail, admin, audio production, media, civil servants, stay at home mums, construction, IT, senior management, teaching and recruitment.
8 The lima bean harvest begins on August 28th
Ok, let's give this a go...
1. Feet freak me out.
2. I have a certain ritual I have to every night in bed before I can get to sleep. First I must lie on my left side, then on my back, then finally on my right side. Only when I've completed this can I sleep.
3. I once bought a 2 Unlimited album, and got it signed as well...
4. I once painted my bedroom purple and yellow.
5. My favourite movies are The Man With 2 Brains, Garden State, and Lost in Translation.
6. I only went to a dentist for the first time aged 26.
7. The car I would most like to own is a Trans Am, just like the one that Burt Reynolds drives in Smokey and the Bandit.
8. I love assembling flatpack furniture.
1. I studied journalism and radio production in college.
2. I used to present a hospital radio programme.
3. I was 23(!) when I had my first kiss.
4. My first paying job was collecting "milk money" when I was 14.
5. I have the "Dawson's Creek" soundtrack in my CD collection.
6. My favourite time of year is Christmas.
7. I thought one of the bloggers in this group was quite cute when I met them first (and no, I'm not naming him/her).
8. I cannot swim.
1. I am horribly scared of the dark.
2. In high school, I was a total theatre geek.
3. One of my past jobs was costume assistant on a soft porn.
4. I went to Atari Computer Camp when I was 12 and 13.
5. Shockingly, I am horribly shy, but a good actress.
6. I love airplanes and anything to do with them, but don't understand the physics that make them fly!
7. My husband is only the third person I've slept with.
1. I have different personalities at home and work. In work I am an organisational freak and get stressed and annoyed when things are not perfect. At home I couldn't give a fuck.
2. I hate tomatoes and peppers. Love tomato sauce, bolognese sauce and the flavour of peppers in food once I cant see the actual pepper. It was the same for mushrooms but I am getting better with them.
3. I have strange sleeping habits. I sleep on my back either with my hands behind my head or straight by my side. Apparently I point at things, sit up, talk and raise parts of my body for no apparent reason for minutes on end while I am asleep.
4. I fantasize about being able to stop time except for me and be able to do all sorts of things, like steal cars, sleep for 4 days straight, move people around so they go insane when I start time again and generally just have a laugh. Also that I can touch people and start them up again so I wont be too bored.
5. I love to love but probably do so too easily. Oh and I love porn.
6. I bite my nails, and even like the stuff that is meant to make you stop.
7. I get really nervous driving somewhere I have never been before
8. I love eating candle wax.
1 For a couple of years in my mid-20s I had a nose ring.
2 Barring periods of writer's block I've written poetry since I was 16. What I've written has only ever been seen by 2 or 3 people.
3 I adore golden age musicals. For a heterosexual man I have a passionate love of Guys & Dolls, Calamity Jane, Easter Parade, The Sound Of Music, Rocky Horror, The Wizard Of Oz, Singin In The Rain and dozens more.
4 I'm an extremely loyal friend. I'd go to the ends of the earth if I cared about you but I rarely find that devotion in others.
5 I adore statistics, numbers and detail. In an alternate life I would be doing something connected to them, and enjoying it.
6 I came late to almost everything in life. Girlfriend at 16, sex at 17 (Just! I was a couple of weeks shy of my 18th birthday), drink at 18, smoking at 20 and I had my first joint at 30.
7 I find intelligence irresistable.
8 All the people who are closest to me in my life are here.
1) I once spent considerable time in a confined space with a member of this gathering wearing one of his wives dresses. I'm still to overcome the experience.
2)I was snogged by a drunken Sharon Osbourne and threatened by Usher's security within 4 hours in Rome one night
3)I got so depressed as a result of my last job that I ended up being treated for anxiety and was on the verge of throwing my career away.
4)I'm happiest when at things with my Da. Primarily because of afraid of what my life will be like and what I'll lose when he dies. Aside from that I'm happiest on my own with my thoughts.
5)I worry that people don't know how much I appreciate their friendship but don't do enough to show or tell them.
6)The Back To The Future Trilogy is my DVD case everywhere I travel. Even if it's only a 3hr train journey.
7)I don't eat turkey after having a bad experience with one while working in a supermarket. I normally have a pizza or steak on Xmas Day
8)I've been asked to write a book but don't know if I'm confident enough to do it
1. I can juggle. Balls.
2. I hate that I'm afraid of heights. I hate that I'm afraid of anything. Including failure.
3. I'm happiest as part of a unit.
4. I was distraught at selling my lovely shiny red Beetle because it reminded me of my mother. I'm still upset if I see one and it's been a few months. (Not enough seats in a Beetle for party of 5). She died 8 and half years ago.
5. I love to run. Love it so much. The highs would never be so good if the lows weren't as painful as I feel right now.
6. I have secrets I will never tell anybody. Ever. Not even that post-secrets blog!
7. I stopped smoking six years ago after reading Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Best thing that ever happened to me! Changed my life.
8. I'm crying writing this and that has something to do with point 5 and the simple fact that I'm knackered (less than 2 hours sleep last night in the South of France) and nothing serious is actually up! But I know that tomorrow the party of 5 will all be at home and I can think about something other than me, me, me.
1. I've always been afraid of heights.
2. By the time I turned 23, I'd been in relationships with women who were, in succession, 27, 32, and 45 years old.
3. At some level I think I'm actually bisexual.
4. I often find myself terrified that those I love most are going to die at the drop of a hat.
5. When I was a teenager I lived in the geek world of phone phreaking and computer hacking.
6. I started to smoke when I was 11, and stopped when I was 26. Even after I quit, it still only took one pint to get me to bum one off someone---until Ireland outlawed smoking in pubs. Now it requires intense levels of stress.
7. I wish I could get myself to write a novel.
8. My father was abusive to my mother, which now makes me stifle anger and frustration in fear I'll somehow become him, even though my wife tells me it could never happen.
1. I like eating my own dead skin.
2. Throughout primary school I had egg flips before school, e.g. raw eggs, sherry, milk & sugar.
3. I'm not a morning person, so much so that I can never bring myself to say the b word (morning food time) nor the greating 'good morning', I always respond with hello.
4. My nerves are connected in a way I haven't witnessed in anyone else. If you touch my head, I can feel it in my shins, etc.
5. I feel like my body & soul are going to explode with rage when I hear someone coughing.
6. I love power - in every one of its manifestations.
7. The happiest moments of my life in last 10 years have been caffiene induced - it's the best allergy.
8. I hallucinate before going to sleep most nights. Wikipedia tells me it should happen a few times in a life time. It's great as an indicator of sleep coming.
1. I sleep with the light on. It's not because I'm afraid of the dark though, it has only been in the last 4 years that I've started to do this. I wont go into details but the incident which sparked this habit involved a roomful of ghosts in Kells.
2. I used to be an incredibly fussy eater as a kid. As well as deciding to become a 'veggie' at the age of 7 I also refused to eat most vegetables, basically anything that wasn’t a potato or a carrot. I would dread dinner time and it sometimes might take me 2 hours to finish a plate of potatoes, beans and carrots (which was what I ate for dinner EVERY day-except Saturday when i had chips, beans and veggie fingers!). Sometimes I couldn't face the thought of eating an entire plate of food and so I used to try to make deals with my mother and get her to let me eat TWO bowls of cereal instead of vegetables. Sometimes she gave in and I would have Alpen for dinner despite her warnings that I would end up in hospital being fed through a tube!
3. One of my secret (not anymore!) wishes is to be a dancer of Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers' calibre, despite never having pursued any kind of physical activity seriously much less dancing. Its one of those things where I would like to be good at it but without having to work at it!
4. I have, on several occassions due to face wipes being chucked into a pump boat toilet, had to pee into a bucket and chuck it overboard into the Thames.
5. I am afraid of flying. The last flight I took was to Rome. I took three/four times the prescribed amount of 'sedatives' as they did not seem to be working. They did not make me feel calm but instead turned my limbs to jelly so that in the event of an emergency I wouldn't have even been able to do up my seat-belt. I had to be helped off the plane when we landed but I was still a nervous wreck in my head. (I am in awe of you Midge!!)
6. My favourite film of all time EVER is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. My friend watched it with me once and said she found it depressing because it shows how people just make the same mistakes all over again in relationships. However, I thought it was inspiring because even though all the evidence points to the fact that things aren’t going to work out between them they still decide to go ahead with the relationship, I like the idea that it’s the experience that counts and not the outcome, when it comes to love irrationality wins out over common sense every time!
7. Related to number 6: I don’t believe in marriage or ‘ever-lasting love’. I have a theory about it. I think that love in all relationships has an expiry date. No love is infinite (I’m just talking about romantic relationships here, I think family/relations are different). People look at an old couple shuffling through a park together, holding hands and think ‘true love, forever’. What I think is that the expiry date for their love just happens to be after they die and so even though people may be in love when they die, had they lived another 20 years they may have started to hate each other and filed for divorce.
8. I once travelled by luas (half hour), train (3 hours), bus (1 hour) and on foot (hour and a half) with no actual map or address, just a vague memory of where a house out in the middle of nowhere was, to say goodbye face-to-face to somebody who, for reasons I wont go into, refused to return my calls. So, to sum up point no. 8: I am a complete psycho!
Okay - I hope Im doing this right:
1) I hate HATE beetroot with a passion.
2) I have very little patience with others, but expect everyone else to very patient with me.
3) If I cant think of the word for something, my instinct is to say "onion".
4) Im secretly jealous of all those supersweet 16 kids - lucky bastards.
5) I have terrible arachnaphobia and am considering hypnotherapy.
6) The first video I ever rented out was Parenthood and I still LOVE that movie.
7) I used to think Jay Leno was sexy.
8) I wanted to be a WWF sports commentator when I grew up, either that or a newsreader.
pretty in pink
1. I love 80's movies, music, clothes, etc, (hence my name)
2. There is a nudie (very tasteful, knees in front of boobs, nothing that is covered by underwear can be seen) photo of me knocking around somewhere. It was taken on hols and my partner was using it as a book mark and LOST IT!! I think he gave the book to a guy he works with.
3. I was bullied in school when I was 11. I cried every night and used to pretend I was sick going to school, I was sent to hospital for tests but they found nothing wrong!! I have told nobody this before and never talk about it.
4. I have had cosmetic surgery.
5. I lived on Koka noodles and milk when I was first separated as I was on a very tight shopping budget. I had to take out a credit union loan on 3 occasions to pay the mortgage.
6. I am a total foodie, I love cookery programmes especially the Saturday morning shows and I want Gordon Ramsey!
7. I know the grass isn't greener
8. I have a Doris Day box set
Nominated so far for the next round - Damien Mulley, Keynoter, This Is Knit, Spoon