Thursday, July 19, 2007

What the **** ?

Just a quick one that's been playing on my mind the last couple of days...

Driving along the other day in the lashings of rain and I stop at the traffic lights. I look out my window and there is a bus shelter with a poster bearing the message "Please help us to conserve our water".

........?

So after somehow getting my brain around this message I laughed so hard I did a little fart and had to open my window and got drenched..

Good god, how can anyone living in this climate take that message seriously??

Now in fairness I understand about population growth and the fact that our government never bothered their arses upgrading our water systems but for feck sake....

How pathetic a nation will we look when we have hose pipe bans and water charges!! Is it any wonder people are still under the illusion that we all live in huts with no electricity. The inadequacies of successive governments in areas of infrastructure and growth never cease to amaze me.

I am not even going to comment on the big plastic poster on the wall of liffey beside the halfpenny bridge that spends a lot of time under water.......

Now I am in a bad mood.... No more rants from me......until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. In all seriousness though, it's not about the amount of water it's about the cost of the purification system - in cabron terms alone, the cost of pumping hte water whee it needs to go is enormous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's one of those "conserve water" posters on the Liffey wall over a pipe that constantly flows into the river. Saw it today. Not sure if it's supposed to be illustrative or it's just bad positioning.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter