Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All about the £££££

Ok, I can't remember if I've blogged about this before but bear with me. I'm going to test you. If you have a pen and paper in front of you, write down the pound symbol, yes £.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's most likely that you've added two horizontal lines across the middle, in imitation of the euro symbol, and not the single dash, as it should be. This is because we don't write pound symbols anymore, but it's a funny exercise. Anyway, if it wasn't for this site I would have forgotten where to find it on the keyboard too. I don't have any particular nostalgia for the £ sign, but just thought I'd share my non-wisdom. I'm sorry. Ok I'll go now.

2 comments:

  1. Yep - but I have a feeling I did that before too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come live in England, there's pound signs all over the gaf here! (But interesting I STILL would put two dashes across the middle, even though I see it all the time, I don't know why, hmm...)

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter