Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Parent Parking Place Liberation Front (PPPLF)



Here's a warning.

See these? They're parent and child parking spaces. They do what they say on the tin. Why do we need them? Well you try and get enough equipment to rebuild the bridge on the River Kwai along with a few performing monkeys out of a car when some fecker in a flash spacepod with far more hair, far more disposable income and far less awareness that there are other people in the world parks so close to you that you have to execute gymnastics a Chinese circus acrobat would be proud of just to get your baby out of the car seat.

Can you tell that's a rant that's been a while coming?

The real issue is, of course, with the morons who park there while not having any children. If I had €2 parking for every time I saw some rich idiot in a housecar SUV just swan into one and waltz off I'd be able to buy goons, proper hired goons, to beat the living Jesus out of them when they did it.

These sort of people don't mess with disabled people. Oh, no! No chance of them parking in their spaces! People would look on disapprovingly, tut and have them clamped! But the parents, sometimes on the verge of a nervous breakdown? Fair game.

And that's where the warning comes in. Just in case you're one of them. You see there's no point in going over and remonstrating with people like you. Not a bit of it, I've tried that one before and you get everything from aggression, to lies ("me baby's inside, I'm just gonna get him!" Oh yeah, then where's your feckin car seat?), to just ignoring you.

No, my warning is this. I've taken to keying your nice cars. So be nice, we are the PPPLF, you might catch us when we're having a shit day and no court in the land would convict us.

12 comments:

  1. You're not alone ... some folks have started a petition trying to get Tesco to make it more clear that taking such spots is unacceptable. Though the petition seems a little weak, since they don't ask Tesco to penalize offenders in any way. Like stapling their testicles to the escalator or fastening their breasts to the wall with a skewer.

    For example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so now I'm gonna be really bad...Why do the disabled (see I am being sensitive...usually while in a no parking space induced rage I cal them "crips",sorry),well why do they have SO many spaces....usually empty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres the thing. I don't think there should be any nice car parking spaces for parents. Its their choice whether or not they have kids. I'd almost buy a car just to park it in one of those spaces. Would you breeders not just be happy with your mickey money and the like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me, it's mickey money day on Tuesday! Thank GB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow GB you sound just like a work colleague of mine. I can understand what MW is on about since I am one of those breeders, when you have a baby in a car seat and some cunt parks along side the side of the car where the baby seat is and leaves you no room to open the door it is very difficult to put a child into the car. How would you feel if you had a 1 month old baby and you were unable to get them into the car, slightly vexed Id say. Thats what I love about the picture MW has put up, they have the green lines there to give room to put babies into the car, which makes sense to me.

    I agree I decided to have a kid but you try doing what I said above and you will soon understand, it has nothing to do with special needs as such, more to do with practicality.

    On another note Dundrum Shopping center has feck all parent spaces for such a huge place anyone else agree???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really with you on this one. Most of the people shopping that I see have kids/ babies so I think it's a joke having a couple of these spaces anyway. All parking spaces should be big enough and people should be able to park far enough away to let anyone get a baby in whatever spot they park. Dundrum spots are purposely bigger than average. If there's lots of these "special" spots free, I'll use them with my 16 year old 'baby'. I don't see the point of them at all. The disabled ones I can understand and there is usually more than enough for requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe all spaces should just be bigger..? Us Breeders and non breeders would then be happy! You non breeders would have plenty of room to get your crates of vodka or condoms whatever into the back seat of your sports car!And we could get all of our baby stuff into our cars without slashing your tyres!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ironically I don't drive (it would interfere with my drink problem too much). Shanachie, are you sure that I'm not your work colleague?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even after that comment GB I am starting to really wonder, must read back over your posts to check and see any other similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shan, I am very disappointed. You see a photos of kiddie spaces and a post about family life and what do you do? Instantly presume it's MW! *humph*

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the funniest thread I've read in ages! I'm a dad and these parent and child parking spots are really handy, especially when you've no idea what you need and all the doors of the car have to opened to find an item that is actually under your childs arse, at which point you realise why he's been firing things at you the whole way to the shops. Asda are going to fine people for parking in disabled and parent spots. 60 notes, apparantly. Don't know how they are going to manage to impliment it though? Anyway, these spaces are handy, but not essential. They save some parents dragging a string of kids across a busy car park and gives them room to load them all in without having to worry about one of the little angels smacking the shit out of the next car's door. The fact that someone who is just plain f*ckin lazy would deny a parent the opportunity to use one just goes to show that there really are wankers out there. Fact of life!

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter