Friday, February 22, 2008

Award time





No, not the blog awards, the oscars!

Being a bit of a movie buff, I love the Oscars. I'm not dedicated enough to stay up for them usually as I need my beauty sleep but I am a slave to the internet the following day. Who needs to stay up half the night when you have you tube and perez hilton?

You'll catch the full list of nominees here http://www.oscar.com/nominees/.

My personal hopes are for

Best Actor - Johnny Depp
Best Supporting Actor - Tom Wilkinson (I have adored him since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Best Actress - Ellen Page
Best Animation - Ratatouille
Best Picture - June/Michael Clayton

Roll on the 24th!

4 comments:

  1. I love awards shows! Jon Stewart hosting really adds something to it :-D

    Fingers crossed for Ratatouille...the lead voice is a friend of ours :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My picks:

    * Actor in a Leading Role: Johnny Depp
    * Actor in a Supporting Role: Philip Seymour Hoffman
    * Actress in a Leading Role: Cate Blanchett
    * Actress in a Supporting Role: Ruby Dee
    * Animated Feature Film: Ratatouille
    * Directing: No Country for Old Men
    * Documentary Feature: Sicko
    * Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
    * Writing: Ratatouille

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oscars always fail me. I wanted Amy Adams to get nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaaa?? for enchanted?? Hmm, not oscar worthy for me.

    BTW did you notice that Patrick Dempsey really can't act, always had my suspicions from Grey's but Enchanted clinched the deal.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter