Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tony's ...c.unt Store

Had an impulse late last night to read over some of Conformist’s older posts cause I find his writing very very beautiful and came across a post about shop/commercial signs where some of the letters have fallen off. He had a conspiracy that a giant ransom note was being compiled by the missing letters.

It reminded me of my favourite case of lost letters in a sign. There was a shop on North King Street, just by the bottom of Capel Street called Tony’s Discount Store. I don’t think I ever saw it in business, and I think it’s been gone a while, but when I did notice it first the “Dis” and “o” had come apart from the sign leaving the inevitably funny title. I still laugh at it when it comes into my head – which it still often does.

2 comments:

  1. I'm blushing and guilty at the same time...

    It's like being 15 all over again...

    Blushing for the compliment...

    Guilty of not posting...

    Will try to do better Milan, I promise

    C

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter