Ok so milan has set me a challenge as to why wordpress is better then blogger, problem is I am a techy and would bore you with my reasons, so it would be great if the likes of SL, MW, Daz and anyone else I may have left out give their non techy points of view.
Here are mine anyhow.
1. Stats we would all be able to see who is linking to us how many visits where traffic is coming from etc. This comes as standard on wordpress.
2. Spam filtering, I know it has not been an issue here but wordpress uses askimet which is a fantastic spam filter.
3. Wordpress has some lovely templates we could use.
4. Blogger is owned by google and since this is the case will not ping the other major search engines like yahoo when we update the blog which is losing a lot of traffic.
5. Post are much easier to manage in wordpress aswell.
6. Lastly if at some point we decided cause we got big enough that we wanted our own domain like www.forninepounds.ie we could transfer posts from wordpress much easier since most webcompanies offer wordpress as part of their packages.
So non techies lets hear your points.