Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sleep deprivation

It'll be short and sweet, kind of like my sleep last night: the five month-old and I were downstairs, awake, starting at 3am. He was asleep by about 6:30am or so. I wasn't---an episode of Entourage and two episodes of CSI, with a couple of cups of tea kept me functioning. He's not really done this too much, so I can't complain too much---but I get to, a little. The sleep pattern of infants is fucking absurd. Yeah, love, I know. That's why I do it. And know I'll do it again in a second. I just need him to wait a few more seconds before doing that little trick again.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I know exactly where you are coming from, I have an 11 month old who is going through a teething patch at the moment and the little swine all last week kept waking at 5am, this has now stopped although for her not for me. People talk alot about the babys routine but what about mine, now mine is fucked. Although at 7 am after drinking the morning bottle and getting the nappy changed, she lies there smiling at me wanting to play it kinda makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine slept through the night last night *cough*

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter