Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bits and Bobs




This post was originally going to be about last Sunday's Alternative Miss Ireland competition which was held in the Olympia. That was however before I over-indulged on red wine last night. Now I'm suffering from the world's worst hangover. My stomach is doing somersaults and I've still got the shakes. So, AMI will have to wait til next week when I can concentrate. Instead, some random bits and pieces...

ITEM! Warning to MW, don't move to Arizona! Strange but true, the legal maximum number of dildos allowed per household in Arizona is 2!

ITEM! After coming second in an online poll to find the UK's most popular children's TV programme ever ("Grange Hill" came first. I know! How did that happen?), the Muppets look set to return to the big screen. Disney have enlisted writer Jason Segel and director Nick Stoller (US comedies "How I Met Your Mother" and "Freaks and Geeks") to create the next Muppet movie. Meanwhile, the Northern Irish version of "Sesame Street", "Sesame Tree" is set to premiere on Saturday the 5th April on BBC2. More on this closer to the time.
ITEM! From this month's "Out" magazine, Joan on gay men:
* Honesty is like Botox. There's no such thing as too much.
* If you're going to wear assless chaps, then shave your ass. How many more times do I have to say this to the lesbian community?
* Fag hag and fruit fly are perfectly acceptable terms. Especially for Katie Holmes.
I'm off to find some paracetamol...

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could be all cool and say that the first ever LP I bought as a kid was Can or Kraftwerk or the New York Dolls, but it was in fact the album above.

    "Muppet Movie" - the Soundtrack.

    Movin' right along, Can't Live with 'em, the Rainbow connection. All classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" Ever the obscurist... As for the hangover preventing you posting about last Sunday's AMI I Say "GO, WEEK LONG BENDERS!!!!!!" (pun very much intended!!!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought an old genesis record for my brother's birthday, which is passable I suppose.

    Why a Nrth Irl Seasame Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sort of conflict resolution. There was a Palestinian/ISraeli one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruit fly! What an excellent term. In so many ways! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do Butt plugs and vibrators count as dildos???

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter