Friday, August 01, 2008

Things can only get better

I have been having a pretty shitty time in work of late. I am ridiculously busy and the pressure is coming from all angles. My response to this pressure has been to ignore it, cover my head and hide. This is not like me at all. I am a hard worker. I hate lazy people and this approach only compounds my situation. Basically I have been feeling damn under appreciated and sorry for myself.

The courts are now closed and I have a "whole month" to do 800 file audits and loads of other outrageously dull stuff I won't bore you with.

A "whole month" you say? That's loads of time. NO IT'S NOT. Will people stop saying that. It's no time at all. Before I know it it will be September and then I have exams and and pressure pressure pressure. I have been in a foul humour for months now and the last few days have not helped. I am throwing stuff around, snapping and being a right cow to my work mates.

A few minutes ago I got a call from our receptionist telling me to come to reception to sign for a package. Feck sake. Lazy Cow. Sign for it yourself I think. I am upstairs and I have work to be ignoring.

But begrudgingly I stomp down the stairs making sure the entire building can hear my frustration by digging my stilletos into the original wooden floor boards. That will show 'em.

I march into reception all set for a good moan session when I am greeted with a massive bunch of beautiful yellow roses. A client sent them to me as a thank you for "all my hard work".

Maybe life isn't all that bad.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! That's nice. Okay, it's not champagne, but it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it's tinga likethat make a lot of difference. It's easier to slog if you feel like people actually apreciate it. And make an effort to show it.

    Most of us will go a good bit farther just for a pat on the back, never mind champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Darren - Go away. show off!

    @ JO - yip - I definitely feel more optimistic about the huge mountain of paper work on my desk now.

    And my boss is all impressed that a client sent me flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter