Thursday, February 12, 2009

My guilty pleasure #1 - ISIHAC

Well we all have them, guilty pleasures, here are mine.I was going to do guilty pleasures as in plural but my word count was reaching a number no of you would like to get though so I decided to put it into parts and will post one a month maybe who knows, depends on how much you like/dislike this post!

My guilty pleasure numero uno is I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue (ISIHAC).Well for those who don't know anything about it, its a radio comedy panel show that had panellists such as John Cleese, Stephen Fry, Rob Brydon,etc. and even a cameo by Dame Judi Dench.So why ISIHAC or clue for short, well its self described as the antidote to panel games.Yes its true the panellist are old men(I do apologize to the panellists them self, not that any of them are reading this but I thought I should), it contains a lot of smut and double entoundre and nudge-nudge jokes and lots more of things that would make ISIHAC not that popular with a 22 year old girl from Slovenia, I don't think I am their target audience really!But forgetting forgetting all that, it is brilliant, I adore it more then I should really which is silly and silly is the word that describes clue, its designed to be silly and that's what everyone needs in their life is a daily dose of silliness!Or as the great, late lamented chairman was quoted saying: "As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness. It preserves the soul from desiccation."
So why do I love it so much then, besides the silliness of course, well I love everything about it, I love the fact that it never tries to be educational, but sometimes it is just a bit, I love Mornington Crescent I even went there and had my photo taken in front of it, I adore new definitions I may not get some of them but am proud when I figure them out, Sound Cherads is a brilliant round and the spin off Hamish & Dougal is equally marvellous and of course there is Samantha those who know Samantha will laugh by now and those who don't well start listening to the show, escpecilly the men I hear she looks gorgeous.Well then there is the singing, Colin Sell, one song to the tune of another, pick up song, all brilliant, most of the time out of tune but the panellist try their best!I could go on and mention all the rounds played on this brilliant panel show but I won't, for those who are fans you already know them and for those who haven't listened to it go and listen either online or buy a CD/DVD.When I first listened I had no clue, appropriately enough, to what was going on, who was this Samantha, what is so funny about this show that made the audience laughed, but when I got it I became addicted yes its silly but that's the whole point.

Well I am going now to listen to clue, yes you guessed it, thanks for reading and like it says in the title these are my guilty pleasures so please don't judge me on my taste!:) Also my next post will be a sort of photo/text post about the area in which I live in.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lili we all have our guilty pleasures. One of my TV ones is the old western drama The Virginian. I don't think I've ever seen ISIHAC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant say I have seen or heard of this but looking at that image you have attached to the post, a lot of famous classic comedic heads there! Must go try to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dagnamit Really haven't seen it, have to google!Its funny the things we enjoy.

    @Shanachie Yes its the two of the Goodies and from other varies tv shows as well.Yes I highly recommend it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter